Are you looking to start your career in Event Sales? Or are you already a Sales Executive looking for your next challenge? A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Executive to come and join our Events Sales team, helping to drive delegate revenue/acquisition for an array our flagship B2B forums and awards.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Delegate Acquisition Executive candidate will be able to show a drive and determination to succeed in a sales environment. A background in sales is not necessary but some experience will be an advantage. A candidate who is articulate, motivated and ready to take on a new challenge will be successful. You’ll be articulate, numerate, and a team player, but we also want somebody to bring their own flair to the role. You’ll be the brand ambassador for all projects you are working on, so it is imperative that you quickly familiarise yourself with the portfolio and all the teams involved in each project/event!
- Fluent English (written and oral)
- To be a self-motivated and determined individual looking to prove their sales ability.
- Minimum 1 year telephone sales experience (preferably within the conference industry).
- A good listener with a consultative approach to sales
- Strong negotiation and ‘closing’ ability
- A professional telephone manner
- Competent with Outlook email and the internet
- Willing to work flexible and often anti-social working hours
- Highly responsible and trustworthy person
- Well-organized team player
- Eligible to work in the UK
Key responsibilities of Sales Executive:
- Contacting large and small international corporations via telephone conversations
- Developing new business – Maximizing the potential of existing accounts
- Develop awareness of the conference through your ability to convey value and need.
- Responding to enquiries via email and telephone
- Support program manager with conference speaker acquisition
- Consistent acquisition of senior level decision makers
- Researching, qualifying and closing new leads
- Qualifying and closing inbound leads
- Acquiring information about the delegates current projects and investment areas
- Completing delegate profile forms
- Working to and exceeding agreed sales KPIs and event targets