Are you organised, ambitious and love to get involved in a diverse range of work? Would you like to work for a company keen to progress you to the next level? We are looking for an Event Manager to join our team. The event manager plays a critically important role in the day to day operation of the organisation, ensuring everything is running smoothly. They will be the first point of contact for senior management and must have a strong work ethic and the desire to grow along with the business.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Event management
- Working for senior management on ad hoc projects.
- Working in the Operations Department across all functions.
- Researching venues, suppliers and contractors, then negotiate prices and hire.
- Ensure that key deadlines are met.
- Communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project
- Coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget.
- Maintaining and developing client relationships
- Managing supplier relationships
- Organise conferences, seminars and exhibitions, as well as parties and corporate incentive trips.
- Manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the event and carrying out the post-event evaluation
- Liaise with clients to find out their exact event requirements
- Produce detailed proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets).
- Liaise with sales and marketing teams to publicise and promote the event.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A thirst for knowledge.
- A high level of problem solving skills.
- The flexibility to work weekends and evening shifts.
- Flexibility to travel when needed.
- Previous experience in event planning.
- Ability to plan and organise promotional, business and social events.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills with strong writing, proofing and editorial skills – excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management skills.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities to meet deadlines
What we offer
- Career progression
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free on-site parking
- International travel
- Strong management to help encourage you